Effective Date: July 26, 2017
Buho Cantina, owned by Diamond Dining, LLC (“We” or “BC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting www.BUHOCANTINA.com (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy (including as updated or amended from time to time). If, for any reason, you do not agree to the terms of this policy, please stop using the Site immediately.
WHO WE ARE
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use the Site or contact us by e-mail, social media, online feedback forms, or at the Resort, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us, including:
- Forms filled out by you on the Site or at the Restaurant including booking accommodations, requests for proposal for conferences or special events, requests to be included in email alerts, text message alerts, or other inquiries;
- Content of electric correspondence with us;
- Participation in media functions on the Site;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site or your stay with us.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, payment information, comments, or any other information you provide to us.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by BC or the other services BC provides. In addition, if you use a third party service to book a room we will receive your booking information from that third party. This data may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. Where required by applicable law, we will seek your prior written consent before doing so;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To manage your access to the services;
- To allow you to interact with our Site;
- To allow you to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site and the Restaurant safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, if we have received your consent to do so;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies policy).
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine information from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive);
- If you sign up to give us access to your social media pages you are consenting to us receiving information collected about you via that social media platform (we will only collect the data you give your consent for us to collect when you sign up for this option).
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including fulfilling reservations and offering certain products and services in connection with our Site.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions through the Site will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
The Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does BC knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any personally identifiable information to BC.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s) or text communications, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you or telephone number to send the text communications to you, as applicable. You may opt out of certain communications such as customer feedback or marketing emails or postal mail through the instructions in the email or text, as applicable, or by clicking here or by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Some Browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Certain legal obligations require that we disclose how websites we operate, such as our registration page, react to Do Not Track signals.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of your personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
YOUR HAWAII PRIVACY RIGHTS
Hawaii residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a Hawaii resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address as provided below in the “Contact” section. In your request, please specify that you want a “Hawaii Privacy Rights Notice”. Please allow 30 days for a response.
2250 Kalakaua Avenue, Suite 525
Honolulu, HI 96815
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by calling us at (808) 922-2846. If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by calling us at (808) 922-2846.
Upon request we provide Site visitors with access to all information including proprietary information that we maintain about them. Customers can access this information and if errors are found, request that this information be corrected by calling us at (808) 922-2846.